We try to make your life easy by providing you with a wide range of ready-made boxes but if you are keen on packaging your items we advise you to follow some basic guidelines:
- Make sure the box you choose is suitable for the contents you are trying to send.
- Use a corrugated box and whenever possible, use a new box. The more you use a box, the more it loses its original protective qualities and so a previously used box may not protect your shipment adequately.
- Use fillers like crumpled newspaper, bubble wrap and other cushioning material to protect your items. For items like rolled paper (banners, paintings etc.) use triangular tubes.
- If you think you have any large items that do not fit our boxes, give us a call– we're always here to help and advise.
- To close a box securely apply tape evenly across flaps and seams to both the top and bottom of the outer box - Do not use masking tape, cellophane tape, duct tape, string, or paper over-wrap. Instead, use a strong tape that will not tear during the transit.
- If you think you've exceeded the maximum weight allowance of 30kgs, stand on a regular bathroom scale with your contents and subtract your weight to find out the weight of your items – you might look silly doing this but it is an effective way to weigh your package.
- And finally, make sure that you do not have any unecessary stickers or labels on your box.